cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

I have tried this workaround (re-start the system,  but don't log-in for about 15 min. Then log-in and continue working. The CPU usage doesn't go beyond 30-40%)

Hello, when you mention CPU usage at ±30/40%, is that for the mmsshost.exe software or for all applications usage? Point is that we do have the issue, the mmsshost.exe goes beyond the 80% by itself only.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 63 of 151

For this issue is anyone getting it on a desktop not a Laptop? A user on a similar thread asked this as laptops seemed a common theme

cakeal
Level 7
Message 64 of 151

brand new desktop here...brief second of lucidity on my computer where I can actually type and open windows to do some research on this issue... 

Highlighted

I just solved the problem.

I flushed Mcafee from my computer, and i buyed WebRoot for only 19.99$. I don't want to wast my time with a product that create some latency on my laptop.

I spend 70$ for mcafee, and it's not working correctly.

I got exactly the same problem

No solution found ?2018-06-19_1326.png

i have the same issue, i just bought mcafee and my laptop is slow as hell,

I noticed after rebooting my PC yesterday that the mmsshost.exe process no longer consumes most of the CPU. The McUICnt.exe process ("McAfee") is consuming about 15% CPU, and mmsshost.exe is down to 0% CPU. I'm seeing the same thing on my laptop, both have McAfee Total Protection, release 16.0.5 installed. So I'm wondering if a recent update in the last day or two has fixed the problem, or if the mmsshost.exe has a memory-leak and starts consuming CPU after some up-time, or after one or more scheduled daily scans. Anyway, for now, the problem is solved on my PC and laptop, without me doing anything except rebooting. But I'll post another update to this forum thread if it re-surfaces.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 69 of 151

We will ask in our mod call starting in 60 mins. If we hear anything will post here

It's been over 2 months since this issue was reported and no progress appears to have been made by McAfee.  I'm still experiencing this problem and it's not satisfactory that we haven't had an update on the progress to resolve this issue.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community