Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewb
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 151

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

I am having the same problem with it taking over 50% of CPU.  Have NVidia GeForce GT640M Driver version 376.54.  Problem only seamed to appear almost permanently when updated to Windows 10 Fall Creater version a few days ago .

zeidsvoog
Not applicable
Message 12 of 151

Same problem, mmsshost.exe taking up 80+% of CPU. Recently updated to Windows 10 fall creators update. Have Nvidia GeForce GTX960M Driver version 388.31

Edit: Just updated driver to version 388.59 and it had no effect. If anything mmsshost.exe is using more CPU space now.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 151

Please put your hand up to allow the techs to get logs of your issue. These needed as noone bar 7 users here are seeing/reporting this.

besoindaide
Not applicable
Message 14 of 151

Also having the same issue for over a week by now. Last week Saturday 09/12, my laptop (Acer Aspire E-17) updated itself to the W10 Fall Creators update, and after hours of work, when starting again, the laptop was unable to work again. After checking the system, like few others of you, I found that the issue was created by McAfee mmsshost s/w. At that time, over 99% of CPU was used by the s/w, making impossible to work with the laptop. After many tries, I had the only option to uninstall McAfee. Again, it took ages due to the slowness, but when completed, the laptop ran for 100% at normal speed again.

We are now a week after, and using the laptop again for the 1st time since last week, the problem is still the same (after having re-install the McAfee s/w). See table below just taken a minute ago.

By the way, same process has been covered on my home PC, and NO problems have been seen so far like on the laptop!

When can we expect a solution to this issue?

McAfee issue.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for additional info, yesterday 16/12, the laptop was 100% unusable due to the fact that mmsshost was using as high as 99% of CPU. I just couldn't do anything, even stopping the .exe file or shutdown the laptop in usual mode (no hard reset or so). So I decided to let it run for many hours. After a while, the laptop stopped by itself. When I relauched it, it seemed that the issue was 100% over. No more problem with mmsshost observed with task manager. Did not do/change anything, same local configuration. This morning, restarted the laptop and guess what, again no issue observed.

Highlighted
erin
Not applicable
Message 15 of 151

Mi problema era similar y ya lo solucioné: revisé todo lo que se había instalado de McAfee en mi lap. Vi que había otras dos aplicaciones aparte de la que originalemnte yo mismo había instalado, por ser usuario de Infinitum "McAfee security center". Desinstalè todas excepto esta ùltima y el CPUya regresó a la normalidad. En el monitor de recursos de mi lap ya no aparece el proceso MMSSHOST.EXE que estaba absorbiendo 93% del CPU. Mi hipòtesis es que alguna de esas aplicaciones de McAfee entra en conflicto con el antivirus, llevando el procesador a su màximo de capacidad todo el tiempo. Tengan cuidado porque eso puede dañar el equipo.

jarden
Not applicable
Message 16 of 151

I also have this problem. I had it before, like a year ago and it went away (I think I did a re-install of McAfee. Not sure). I have a Windows 7 machine and the the MMSSHost.exe process kicks in to about 25 - 60%... especially when I start working in a new app. For example switching from Chrome browser to Outlook. After about 5-15 seconds it will drop to zero and the computer unfreezes. I recently did another complete re-install of McAfee, it seemed to cure the problem for a few days and then came back. Very frustrating.

inteluser
Not applicable
Message 17 of 151

I have the same issue as stated on the above. McAfee Management Service Host or mmsshost is using close to 100% CPU on my Acer Aspire E14 with the latest Windows 10 operating system with a Nvidia 920M. I have not altered any settings or overclock my graphics nor CPU. I have successfully able to evade the high usage of said program by restarting my laptop. Thus, it will reoccur after 3 days or 4 days. It happened yesterday and I had let it run close to 4 hours with no end. I had to restart my laptop ( risking data being lost or corrupted) and able to use it again. Hopefully McAfee would solve this issue as soon as possible or else I have no choice but to use other free antivirus software.

Moderator selvan
Message 18 of 151

Hello All

Our Engineers are interested in gathering logs/memory dumps from at least 3 of the affected devices. Volunteers can follow me and send a Private message for starting the process. To summarize

1. The problem has multiple symptoms such as High CPU, High Memory, High Disk

2. The problem occurs only when the PC is not shut down for two or more days

3. The problem occurs in Windows 10 Environment where latest updates are installed

Looking forward to see this problem go away

Tagging

inteluser
Not applicable
Message 19 of 151

im interested in solving this problem ASAP. Please send the instructions

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 20 of 151

​, ​,ragothkarnan  The following user is interested in having logs taken.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer