Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 91 of 151

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

Sigh Thought it was too easy a fix sorry.

Highlighted

Mine ran fine for a few weeks after an uninstall-reinstall, but the problem returned again today... Might be a problem with McAfee interfering with the automatic Windows update...

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 93 of 151

I would say it is clashing but what with beats me that is why I asked for some of you to list the not normal programs you have installed to see if there is a common issue. Mine as I said is stable at 0%

torshia
Level 7
Message 94 of 151

Jvandeven, l think you have a point. Its a windows/mcafee interaction thing? My issues only started after the latest windows update installed on my computer. A system restore fixed it but the updates have installed again >.< and no restore points were created.
padomay
Level 7
Message 95 of 151

I followed a link here from the CPU usage post. The Mcafee Management Service Host is hogging 95-99% of my Win 10 laptop in the last few days. Would love for it to be resolved!

Thanks

you could also help by sending the memory dumps, im gonna be doing it. Waiting for help doesn't mean not giving a hand.

Thanks.

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM [SOLUTION?]

Okay I have been using my laptop under no issues as I have deactivated my Real-Time Scanning in the virus menu. Of couse, I am NOT PROTECTED BY "McAFee".

But, it works minus the fact that my laptop will get a virus. Considering if you are a smart and amatuer user on the Internet and not doing stupid stuff like, ie: click on untrusted links, download stuff from piratebay, believing your stupid friend when they hand you an USB, etc.

Mods, thank you for posting the steps to send the memory dumps to you but seriously, couldn't you even notify which Windows that the steps are for? I can't even find My Computer (sounds stupid , i know) at the start menu. Like fking seriously.

Please, be crystal clear. I'm a little bit closer to just uninstalling this piece of thing and move on to others. I have been reading reviews about paid antivirus software and free ones. You know what I am talking about..

A TRIGGERED user.

Is McAfee working on this issue?  I guess it might be a conflict with something like Adobe DC, but asking people to write in with a complete list of their installed apps is unlikely to generate reliable detail.  I cannot believe that a company backed by Intel can produce software that is as buggy as this thing seems to be.  The resource consumption is absolutely appalling, the requests for auto "cleaning" and updating a real pain, and these seem impossible to suppress.  All I want is discrete security - ideally I don't even want to know it is there.  This option does not seem to match up with the current corporate strategy...

Moderator selvan
Message 99 of 151

Am looking for a Volunteer who is willing to perform the steps in my reply dated 2-Jan-2018

That's great to know that, but meanwhile we do not see any posts/comments around this issue that is still not solved. So McAfee is just waiting, while getting straight our money when we buy the s/w, and that's all. Just a crazy situation. I am not sure when you are located in the world, but sure there must be someone from McAfee being able to visit one of your customers if you can't figure out what the problem is!