cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login with camera issue

hi all

Would appreciate some help. This is my first PC for over 10 years so my tech knowledge is a little behind the times. I have a new Alienware 17 laptop and after set up it successfully logged me on every startup by looking at my face using the camera.

However for the past few days this only works some of the time. The rest of the time it says could not activate camera. The only thing I believe I changed was to change the mcafee trial that came with it to the full product.

Could the antivirus software be blocking the camera starting successfully and if so how can I fix this?

Thanks

Josh

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: login with camera issue

---

--Hi,

Your last thought is probably correct.

Go to your online account page and "save as" the installer of your desired product to your desktop for use later,.

do NOT install.

Remove all McAfee products via Control Panel > Programs and Features

Reboot if asked to.

Run the latest MCPR removal tool and reboot.

Go to your saved installer, right-click and go to Properties and click Unblock, Apply or OK.

Then run the installer.

The above all has to be done  in short order otherwise the installer becomes expired.

Any problems call Technical Support, it's free of charge.

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

Hi

thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately after three successful logins I am now getting “could not activate camera please sign in with pin”

any other ideas appreciated. 

Josh

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

---

--Try that Technical Support link I posted.  They are far more qualified to answer questions than I am.

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---