cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Where has McAfee Shredder gone?

I used to have McAfee shredder available as a "send to" item on my right mouse button.  It has disappeared in the last week.  What have McAfee done to it?

I tried to re-install it from the disc, and it goes to the web site to verify subscription.  On the web site, all of my subscription history has disappeared except for the most recent product.  What have McAfee doe to this?

14 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 15

Re: Where has McAfee Shredder gone?

It's no longer available as a right-click item.  We've complained about it already.

Not only has Shredder gone, but so has the whole of my Quick Clean!

My upgrade looks more like a downgrade.

Appreciate the comment about complaints already but I've looked at some of the other posts that have been up'd on this subject but can't seem to get it back, (Does not show in 'Navigation' - 'Features' as one post suggested as an available download either).

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 15

If the PC Optimization drawer is missing it will arrive via an update.   I'm not sure why this is happening but it happened to us all.

You could speed up the process by using the Technical Support Chat line perhaps.  See Useful Links at the top of this page.

Capture.JPG

I'll hang on for a while (days, weeks?) and see what happens. Guess I can make do with Tune-Up Shredder 'til then.

Should Quick Clean be available with all versions of McAfee Protection as I notice from your screen shot that you have 'Total Protection' whereas my account shows I have '3-User McAfee PC Protection Plus'?, (although the main menu shows 'SecurityCenter'.

Thanks for your reply.

SBS

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 15

It should install with all the various packages as far as I know.

Thanks again, I'll give a bit of time to appear by update and if not I'll get on to Tech. Support.

Best Wishes.

SBS

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 15

You have no "PC Optimization" drawer on the interface?   If it's there Quickclean etc. should show available and clicking that will install it.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/03/10 2:41:34 EDT PM

No PC Optomization drawer on the interface:-

McSC.jpg

Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 15

That's strange.  Hopefully an update will fix it.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community