Did you mean: 
altf4
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

Vulnerability Scanner Issues

Jump to solution

Hi McAfee Community

My Vulnerability Scanner keeps advising me that I update my Java Development Kit from 8 to 9.

I downloaded and installed the Java Development Kit 1.9.0:update_1 from the following source,

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk9-downloads-3848520.html

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk9-downloads-3848520.html

I ran the Vulnerability Scanner again but keeps advising that I need to update my Java Development Kit so I went to Program and Features, Uninstall a program so I uninstalled the old Java Development Kit 8 and restarted my PC then tried Vulnerability Scanner again but I'm still getting asked to update any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

How I downloaded the Java Development Kit 8 was by downloading Microsoft Visual Studio I had choice of what I wanted to install with Visual Studio and wanted to install Java with it for developing Java applications.

Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

McAfee Total Protection

Vulnerability Scanner Issue.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
altf4
Level 8
Message 6 of 12

Re: Vulnerability Scanner Issues

Jump to solution

I actually got it resolved just there surprisingly because I was having another issue with Windows Defender Security Center saying that I needed to turn on McAfee VirusScan and Firewall but they were turned on so I uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee again that resolved that other issue that I was having then I ran Vulnerability Scanner again after the reinstall its not asking me to update the Java Development Kit anymore.

I think this all started happening after the latest Windows update I had installed it was the anniversary update.

11 Replies
altf4
Level 8
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Also like to add when I go to Configure Java and check for updates it says that I have latest edition.

Configure Java Application.PNG

The only way I can seem to stop issue showing up in Vulnerability Scanner is by uninstalling Java completely.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

What does it say is recommended and what do you have?

altf4
Level 8
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi Peacekeeper

Thanks for getting back to me.

It asks me to install the following if you look at the screenshot,

Update.PNG

I then select "Download" and it redirects me to the following site,

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

I then click on section for downloading Java Development Kit and download the latest Java Development Kit,

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk9-downloads-3848520.html#close

Download.PNG

When I go to "Program and Features" in Windows this what I have installed.

Progam and Features, Java.PNG

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

OK put this as an item for next Mondays moderator call

altf4
Level 8
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

I actually got it resolved just there surprisingly because I was having another issue with Windows Defender Security Center saying that I needed to turn on McAfee VirusScan and Firewall but they were turned on so I uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee again that resolved that other issue that I was having then I ran Vulnerability Scanner again after the reinstall its not asking me to update the Java Development Kit anymore.

I think this all started happening after the latest Windows update I had installed it was the anniversary update.

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

Ok thanks so you now have16.0.r6 and no popup at boot. good

Highlighted
altf4
Level 8
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

It still pops up at boot but it's doesn't bother me or my machine.

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

What pops up the interface opens or the VS notification? If former you did not get 16.0.R6

altf4
Level 8
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

The interface pops up and the version I have is the following,

McAfee Version.PNG

I checked for updates but it says I have all the latest updates.