Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

How to close Macafee in task manager

Hello I need all the cpu power I need when I am doing audio production, I need to be able to not only disable macafee but completly close it !

how to do it ? thanks 

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to close Macafee in task manager

Hello @hbs,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

Please let us know the below information to assist you better

1. What is the version of the McAfee program that is  running on the computer.

2. Is that the McAfee program is taking the complete usage of CPU or is that McAfee is blocking the audio production software.

3. Also provide us with windows version that you are using on the PC.

Regards

Srinivasa Ragavan

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Windows 10 last update and macafee 16.0

It's not that macafee is taking all the cpu ressources, it's just that I want to have the choice to completly close it so it takes 0% cpu if I want to, when I am working on large project and I need all my computer power

thanks 

Highlighted

Hello @hbs,

we are sorry for the delay in response.

Thanks for the information provided.

When you open task manager you will see McAfee running in the background where you can select and click on end process,also in same task manager you will another tab called  "Details" where you will see other application process running in the background, you can end process for all McAfee related applications so that McAfee does not use your CPU usage. We do not recommend doing this since your computer might be vulnerable to threats,since you asked for a solution we are providing steps to close McAfee completely, so that you can your other programs

If you need further assistance please contact us through community post so that we can assist you better.

Regards

Srinivasa Ragavan

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community