You may find this link helpful in your investigation -
This is the equivalent thread I'm running on Microsoft's Community forum
I reviewed the support session under SR 484570-2236782076 that you posted. I would like to clarify the below
1. The Temp directory is on a separate drive partition and not on the Local disk where Windows install resides. This may be an issue because the System may not have permissions on this Drive Partition.
2. Is your Windows 10 a Retail copy or the Insider Preview build. If it is the later then it is possible that CU for Windows 10 might have a change that caused this issue.
1. Yes, the 'Windows Temporary Directory' IS on a separate partition. It is a single-user PC and I ALWAYS access with 'Administrator's' permissions.
2. I'm running a retail version of Windows 10 Pro, currently Windows 10 v1703 (Build 15063.332)
Sorry missed the important bit off -
All users EXCEPT 'Users (MISSION-CONTROL\Users)' have 'Full Control'.
You may also find this useful -
- it's my equivalent thread on Microsoft's Community website.
I understand that MISSION-CONTROL is the name of PC and any windows user profile falls within the "Users" group. Is it possible for you to add permissions to "Users" group as well and see if Shredding works. By Permissions I mean allowing the below
1. Full Control
To-day, I've had a 4 hour 'Chat' session with Microsoft Tech Support.
After much frustration, I managed to get them to, more or less, agree that this issue lies firmly in Microsoft's court. Furthermore, I'm having a remote access session with a MS 2nd line support tech on Wednesday afternoon.
Watch this space for a further update.
I was having my remote access session with a, supposedly, MS 2nd Line support when out of the blue the session was ended by him, no phone call in explanation, no email either. It turns out he dismissed the issue as a McAfee issue. Words do not fail me; however, I don't want to be sanctioned for verbal abuse!!
Had another 4 hour 'Chat' with another Answer Desk support tech; this lady / gent was as different again the 2nd line support tech earlier - like the difference between chalk and cheese.
I won't bore you with all the details; however, this issue has been referred to MS's Professional Support team. They will be contacting me on Saturday, 17th June hopefully to take this further.