Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 61 of 86

Re: Error attempting to Shred a SINGLE file

Jump to solution

It's now 4 weeks since I last heard from Siddhartha, when he said he would contact me again when they have something to report.  However, would it be possible to give an unofficial update as to progress?

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 62 of 86

Jump to solution

I have brought this up as a "Topic of Discussion" on our Conference Call today.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 63 of 86

Jump to solution

The latest information I have re this issue is that a fix has been engineered; however, as yet, it has not been scheduled for release in an update to Total Protection / Internet Security.

Until this has been issued, I would like to keep this thread as 'Unresolved'.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 64 of 86

Jump to solution

So a fix is in the works, but when we don't know.  Thanks for letting us know and Merry Christmas.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 65 of 86

Jump to solution

Ok I just shredded two files and 1 shortcut all with spaces in them. 1 had two single spaces and it shredded. I am on 16.0.r6 which is only available via reinstall . Upgrade not till early January. I do not know if this version has the fix but it works

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 66 of 86

Jump to solution

McAfee Tier 2.5 support have confirmed that this issue is still NOT fixed in Total Protection v.16.0.R2.

Reliable Contributor
Message 67 of 86

Jump to solution

You mean 16.0.r6 I assume did they say if they have the fix or still digging.

Ok on 16.0.R6 and in explorer found a file abook-3.mab renamed it to ab ook-3.mab and shredded it. In the popup asking are you sure it showed file as abook-3.mab ie no space. Strange and it shredded the file and 5 others i setup.

Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 68 of 86

Jump to solution

I clean installed Total Protection v16.0.R6 and reported my findings to McAfee support.  Here is the relevant part of the email reply I received from tier 2.5 support -

"We regret the current predicament caused due to this issue and thank you for bringing this to our notice.  I’ve observed the same issue with shredder on Ver: 16.0.6 during testing.

The fix for shredder issue is not included in the recently released WSS 16.06 and is still under investigation."

So much for McAfee having previously indicated that they had engineered a solution for this issue - see my post of 20/12/2017.

Reliable Contributor
Message 69 of 86

Jump to solution

I will see what the T3s today say in our mod call. Still I am not seeing this in mine will try the wife's 16.0.5 install.

Ok shredded a file abc abc abc.eml and two folders with spaces in name all shredded . sorry works for me unless I am doing something different. When the popup says shredding file and the name the spaces are removed in the name.. Will Mention today

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 70 of 86

Jump to solution

Total Protection has just updated itself to v16.0.R7 - the 'shredding issue' is still not fixed at this release.

I've informed McAfee tier 2.5 support that this issue is still outstanding.