cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

management Port is down

Jump to solution

Hi All

I upgraded devices NS 9100 to version 9.2.5.10 then to 9.2.5.153 and after reboot devices ports were up except management port.I checked connectivity cable and all was fine but when i plug in cable to management port then port does not bring up.Now how i can resolve this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: management Port is down

Jump to solution

Hi @User27622125 

Below are few points I would like you to check:

1. Directly connect a laptop to the management port of the Sensor and try to access the Sensor also check for SSH/Ping.

2. Connect (McAfee) Console cable to the Sensor and get the output of command show mgmtport. This will get details on the link status, negotiation and duplex.

3. Check LED Status while plugging/unplugging the cable on management port.

4. Perform power cycle and check.

If the link is still not responding, please reach out to the Support Team with above details and they will be assisting you furhter.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: management Port is down

Jump to solution

Hi @User27622125 

Below are few points I would like you to check:

1. Directly connect a laptop to the management port of the Sensor and try to access the Sensor also check for SSH/Ping.

2. Connect (McAfee) Console cable to the Sensor and get the output of command show mgmtport. This will get details on the link status, negotiation and duplex.

3. Check LED Status while plugging/unplugging the cable on management port.

4. Perform power cycle and check.

If the link is still not responding, please reach out to the Support Team with above details and they will be assisting you furhter.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community