cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database restore error

Hi all

Please help me please i am getting error as given in screenshot kindly tell me why i am getting this error on restoring database?

I have taken backup from nsm with details:

NSM version: 9.2.5.12

Now I am restoring database backup on this machine given below:

Server OS: 2012

NSM version 9.2.5.12

error is in attachment and given below:

database restore failed null

12 Replies
XxSDxX
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

Re: database restore error

Hi @User27622125

Could you please confirm your NSM version? is it 9.2.9.12 ?

I would suggest taking a new All Tables backup following this KB

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68723&cat=CORP_PRODUCTS&actp=LIST

Make sure you are getting an All Tables backup.

This documentation has also the steps for restoring your DB.

Note: the backup is version specific, so the restore will only work if you are restoring in the same NSM version.

Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your questions, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can hel other memebers?

version are same and 9.2.5.12

but os are different

i tried to restore weekly backup also only config table but same error

database restore error null

XxSDxX
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 13

Hi @User27622125 

The version 9.2.5.12 is not in the list of versions released under this documentation:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/network-security-platform-9.2.9.x-9.2.5.x-manager-ns-series-release-n....

In order to continue the troubleshooting, could you please confirm what is the version of your NSM? The version is located in the top left corner of your NSM. 

Also make sure that you are exporting/copying both files.(the .dmp file and the .jar file) they have to be in the same folder path at the moment of running the dbadmin tool for restoring the your DB.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your questions, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can hel other memebers?

I am sorry version was 9.2.9.12 and i tried to restore database both weekly and full  but same error that is null

Hi can you tell me while restoring database will I use admin account or root account?

ibryan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 13

Hello,

You use the admin DB username to restore the backup. 

When restoring the backup, make sure you are restoring the backup to the same NSM version you took the backup from. 

Make sure the Manager database service is started.

Make sure you have copied both the backup files which are .dmp and .jar.  You cannot restore the backup from dbadmin.bat without both of these files.

If you want to us to test the backup, then zip up the file .dmp and .jar and then upload that zip file.

Thanks,

Ian Bryan.

can you please call me on my cell number 00923004025689 so i could explain u in details please i m much worried

Hi Brayan,

I have tested backup on win server 2012 and tried alot but unfortunately I was failed and always get error "database restore failed  : Null "

I stopped all nsm services and one thing i have noticed that when I stopped three services then i was unable to run dbbat appliaction and when i run services then i can use dbbat utility.

Let me know for restore of database  will i have to configure my test nsm machine ? I just installed nsm same version on new os win server 2012 but i did not access nsm portal and restoring db on it but failed

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community