cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are running the software version-9.1.5.42 for NIPS-9100 series.

We are running the software version-9.1.5.42 for NIPS-9100 series at present. What should be the next version to which we can upgrade the software ?
3 Replies
XxSDxX
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: We are running the software version-9.1.5.42 for NIPS-9100 series.

Hi @CRIS_Abhi ,

Below is the information requested for the release notes:

Release Notes NSM 9.1.7.83 - NS series sensor: 9.1.5.102

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/network-security-platform-9.1.7.x-9.1.5.x-manager-ns-series-release-n...

The latest version available for 9.1 version is 9.1.5.102.

We  recommend to upgrade your NSM and sensor software at the same release version. For example 

If you have a NSM in 9.1 version , you have upgrade your NSM first to NSM 9.1.7.83, and then upgrade the sensor version to 9.1.5.102 

The upgrade path explained in the documentation explains that you can go directly from your sensor version to latest 9.1.5.102

Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your questions, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can hel other memebers?

Thanks... We have already upgraded the NSM to 9.1.7.80 and now are planning to upgrade the sensors. Please share the upgrade process if possible. 

XxSDxX
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hi @CRIS_Abhi ,

Below is the documentation for upgrading the sensor:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/network-security-platform-9.1.x-installation-guide-unmanaged/page/GUI...

Note: You will have to open a maintenance window, since the sensor/s will have to be rebooted after the upgrade is done.

Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your questions, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can hel other memebers?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community