cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Upgrade requirements

Hi All

I want to upgrade my Manager and Sensor software to latest versions but I am confused how I will do this I mean What are the prerequisite for software up gradation.Also will I upgrade Manager first or sensor?

5 Replies
fkazi04 McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Software Upgrade requirements

Hi @User27622125 

It is recommended to upgrade the Manager to the latest build and then upgrade the Sensor. As a best practice, take All Table & Config Table backup separately from the manager for disaster recovery.

Also, check the release notes of the software where you are planning to upgrade to confirm if the direct upgrade is possible or not. Because depending on the versions, an intermediate upgrade might be required. You may let me know the Software version of the Sensor & Manager so that I can confirm the upgrade path.

Here are a few links that will help you:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/network-security-platform-9.1.x-installation-guide-unmanaged/page/GUI...

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/network-security-platform-9.1.x-installation-guide-unmanaged/page/GUI...

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Dear Fkazi,

My NSM and Sensor versions are given below:

NSM Version:9.2.7.9

Sensor Software Version:9.1.5.9

fkazi04 McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Hi @User27622125 

Thank you for the details.

9.2.9.12 is the latest release for the Manager while 9.2.5.153 is the latest release for the Sensor.

The direct upgrade of the Manager to 9.2.9.12 is supported.

If your sensor is any from the below list they direct upgrade to 9.2.5.153 is supported.

[NS-series (NS3100, NS3200, NS5100, NS5200, NS7100, NS7200, NS7300, NS9100, NS9200, NS9300)]

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Suppose I don't want to upgrade my manager to latest upgrade.Can I upgrade only sensor to latest release?

fkazi04 McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Hi @User27622125 

Yes, you can upgrade the Sensor to the latest release without upgrading the manager. However, it is not recommended because:

1. 9.2.7.9 is a base release of 9.2 which is quite old (2018 release) and there have been newer releases after that with enhancements.

2. 9.2.7.9 used MySQL as a database while the latest uses MariaDB which is quite better in terms of performance. All the software using MySQL has been retracted from the download portal.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community