cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature set download failure

Jump to solution
Manager already used signature version 9.8.56.7 But on sensor it have error to update: current version for sensor : Sensor (A): 9.8.26.6 Sensor (B) :9.8.26.6 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Fault Type: Signature set download failure Source: DC-L2-IPS-A:Realtime Update Condition Type: SignatureUpdateFAIL Alarm Type: Communication Severity: Critical Last Occurrence Time: 2019-Nov-08 15:19:08 GMT+08:00 Acknowledged: Additional Text: The attempt by the Manager to deploy the signature set to device DC- L2-IPS-A failed. See the system log for details. (The Manager will continue to attempt deployment.). Fail reason: Reason #29: Sensor sigfile split error Creation Time: 2018-Aug-16 00:21:12 GMT+08:00
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee fkazi04
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Signature set download failure

Jump to solution

Hi,

It looks like the Sensor is running below recommended release on Software and because of memory allocation issue for signature deployment is failing.

As a workaround, disable auto-download and deployment of the signature. Download the 'lite' signature named 9.8.56.107.lite and import it to the NSM and deploy it. The deployment should be a success.

You should be able to download the signature from:

https://www.mcafee.com/content/enterprise/en-in/downloads/my-products/downloads.html

Refer to KB87554 for more details on memory enhancement. 

Regards,

Faizan

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
7 Replies
McAfee Employee fkazi04
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

It looks like the Sensor is running below recommended release on Software and because of memory allocation issue for signature deployment is failing.

As a workaround, disable auto-download and deployment of the signature. Download the 'lite' signature named 9.8.56.107.lite and import it to the NSM and deploy it. The deployment should be a success.

You should be able to download the signature from:

https://www.mcafee.com/content/enterprise/en-in/downloads/my-products/downloads.html

Refer to KB87554 for more details on memory enhancement. 

Regards,

Faizan

Was my reply helpful?

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Hi Faizan, 

I have click download link, but have no filed to download. 

Is anything required so we can download that signature ?

McAfee Employee fkazi04
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi, 

You must log in to the download portal using Grant ID and email address. Once logged in, you should Select for 'Signature' and open 9.8 version. Later, you will be able to download 'lite' signature.

Link for download portal: https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/downloads/my-products.html

Regards,

Faizan

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution
Hi Faizan,

Thank you. already can download the version lite. and we also able to deploy to sensor a & sensor b.
Just not sure why in progress task, deploy status failed. but in device sensor b, still in deploying.
but on summary we can see version already same.
Just if all success, can we change back signature update automatically ? since lite version is not latest, can we proceed automatically deploy on sensor ?
Reliable Contributor petermason
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi User35037216,

What model of sensor are you using and what software version is it on?

What software version is your manager on?

Do you have other sensors that will update the SigSet successfully?

Regards

Peter

Jump to solution
Sensor model :
a:M-2850
b:M-2950
Just have this 2 sensor only & both cannot update.

Following from Mr Faiza, i'm able to to update manually. Just need to confirm wether I can proceed with automatically update without need to download ivu from portal
McAfee Employee fkazi04
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

I will not recommend you to enable auto-download till the Sensor software is below the recommended release. Auto-downloading will lead you to the same state i.e. deployment failure.

For a permanent fix, please upgrade Sensor software to version 9.1.3.13 and later. Once upgraded, you can enable auto-downloading and deployment of signatures.

Regards,

Faizan

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community