cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sensor NS 9100 High Memory Usage

Jump to solution

Hi ALL!

Please HELP me I am much worried that my all five sensors memory usage is above 90% and all time stays above 90%. My sensor software is:

Issue is I have enabled all option on NSM and I need all options. So I would like to ask :

1.Is this firmware issue or sensor consumes memory when all features are enabled?

2.Is this dangerous for sensor that memory is above threshold for sensor?

3.What will be the impact if memory reaches at 96 or 97%?

4.All sensors memory usage is above 90% Is there any way to reduce it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 8

Re: Sensor NS 9100 High Memory Usage

Jump to solution

Hi @User27622125 

Most of the values are at 0% and the load across PE is 3%. These values are normal.

It is possible the Sensor is storing the cache memory hence you are getting more memory usage alert on the NSM.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @User27622125 

Sensors does have mechanism to cache the memory and use it when required; on the NSM you may find the overall utilization around 90%. Kindly check the overall memory utilization across various modules via command show mem-usage.

Do you find any performance related issues because of high Memory? or any outage/impact? Was this increase in memory observed in latest release?

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Dear Faizan,

Yes increase in memory was observed after upgradation to 9.2.5.162 version.No there was no impact but i got alert given below:

Too many L2/L3 error drops

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @User27622125 

Please let me know where do you see following 'Too many L2/L3 error drops' message? I would request you to raise a service request with Support with detailed investigation.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

when I run command given below

show mem-usage

then I got following output u can see in attachment

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @User27622125 

Most of the values are at 0% and the load across PE is 3%. These values are normal.

It is possible the Sensor is storing the cache memory hence you are getting more memory usage alert on the NSM.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Faizan!

Can you tell me what is memory usage that is given in last in attached screenshot?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @User27622125 

The highlighted section is a reserved memory for the signature deployment to the Sensor. 

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community