cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor 9100 reboot after unexpectedly

Jump to solution

Dear All,

I have sensor pair one is primary and other is FO unit.Now first time I faced issue with primary sensor is that it rebooted automatically but before reboot device raised alert through manager that it failed to auto recovery and also it told manager that it will reboot because failed to auto recover.After consulting with mcafee technical team they suggested me to upgrade the device to latest release 9.2.5.190 version.

I upgraded the device to version .190 but after upgradation of 15 minutes device rebooted same manner as it did with previous issue.After reboot device is till now working fine but I wonder why this happens after 0ne month or two month please halp me or suggest me what I have to do?However FO unit is working fine before and after upgrade

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fkazi04
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: Sensor 9100 reboot after unexpectedly

Jump to solution

Hello @User27622125 

I see the case has been escalated to the engineering team for further investigation. My colleague is working on this case and shall keep you updated on the progress.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
fkazi04
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @User27622125 

There might have been some issues with internal process during the operation of Sensor. Ideally sensor goes for auto recovery. however, for any reason if it fails the device will be rebooted. Without looking at Sensor trace file it is not possible to comment which process crashed.

for RCA kindly raise a support case and attach Sensor trace file from both the Sensors for more investigation. 

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Jump to solution

Hi Faizan I have already opened sr no 4-21878507761 and uploaded sensor trace files on portal I would like to request you to take the ownership of this case if possible to investigate the issue

fkazi04
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @User27622125 

I see the case has been escalated to the engineering team for further investigation. My colleague is working on this case and shall keep you updated on the progress.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

I am thankful to you Faizan

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community