cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Rebooting Network Security Manager

Jump to solution

What are the implications when rebooting the Network Security Manager? Will sensors continue to process threats without interruption? I have not found this information in the documentation or google searchers and I urgently need this info for updating the java cacerts as any impact on IPS functionality requires an in-depth change process in my organization.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Rebooting Network Security Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @wohlebnt_HZA 

On restarting the manager services the connection to the Sensor i.e. alert/log channels will be disconnected. The sensor inspects the traffic and has no impact and the detection alerts will be stored in the buffer of the Sensor.

As the manager service is resumed the channel will be re-established automatically and the alerts stored on the Sensor buffer will be sent to the manager.

I understand you are updating Java certificates because of root certificate expiry. It is not mandatory to replace the certificate unless you come across any issue with signature set download in the manager i.e. automatic signature download or you are using Version 10 of the NSM and have registration issue.

I hope this answer your question.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Rebooting Network Security Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @wohlebnt_HZA 

On restarting the manager services the connection to the Sensor i.e. alert/log channels will be disconnected. The sensor inspects the traffic and has no impact and the detection alerts will be stored in the buffer of the Sensor.

As the manager service is resumed the channel will be re-established automatically and the alerts stored on the Sensor buffer will be sent to the manager.

I understand you are updating Java certificates because of root certificate expiry. It is not mandatory to replace the certificate unless you come across any issue with signature set download in the manager i.e. automatic signature download or you are using Version 10 of the NSM and have registration issue.

I hope this answer your question.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community