Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kylekat
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

NSM server's APP drive almost full by ruleEngine and tftpout folders

Jump to solution

We received an alert from our internal monitoring system letting us know that the app drive on our primary NSM server was almost full. Uppon further investigation, we found it to have grown to 85gb our of 100gb total.

I found two folders twithin the TEMP folder that are specifically big in the NSM and I'm wondering what caused the growth and how do i fix it/prevent it.

Program Files\McAfee\Network Security Manager\App\temp\ruleEngine (60GB)

Program Files\McAfee\Network Security Manager\App\temp\tftpout (25gb)

Anybody seen this behavior before?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kylekat
Level 10
Message 3 of 3

Re: NSM server's APP drive almost full by ruleEngine and tftpout folders

Jump to solution

I found that there is a "self grooming" automatic task that pruns these files and allow them to stay in a manageable size.

Its under MANAGER -Maintenance - Database Pruning - File and Database Pruning

And the specific item is "Sig Files (*.Bin)"

By default this setting is turned off, so you need to enable the item and give it the desired ammount of days to keep.

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor mjesmer
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution
What version of the NSM are you running? What are your file retention policies like on the NSM for sigsets/botnets/etc... Regards, Matthew Jesmer
kylekat
Level 10
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

I found that there is a "self grooming" automatic task that pruns these files and allow them to stay in a manageable size.

Its under MANAGER -Maintenance - Database Pruning - File and Database Pruning

And the specific item is "Sig Files (*.Bin)"

By default this setting is turned off, so you need to enable the item and give it the desired ammount of days to keep.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.