Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lubomir_cerny
Level 12

NSM memory limits ?

Jump to solution

Hi folks.

I made clean install of NSM 8.3 into VMware and replaced old physical mgmt appliance with VM.
NSM works ok, but I can see low memory utilization. Whole system uses aprx. 5GB of 10GB available on VM machine. Is there any chance I can tune memory settings ?

Also in rare scenario I can see few Low Memory Detections in /Domain > Troubleshooting > Health Check

I searched documentation but found nothing about memory settings.

Any idea to look for ?

Thx.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
lubomir_cerny
Level 12

Re: NSM memory limits ?

Jump to solution

Hi Peter.

It is Windows Server 2012R2 with currently 10GB of RAM. Old HW appliance was 8GB.

Number of sensors: 12
So this leads me to use default install values in install wizard as basic level is for 1-20 sensors I guess.

Memory requirements are documented and calculated but the installed system does not use available memory anyway.

I will try to re-run install wizard and validate values.

From install guide:
The Recommended Maximum RAM Usage is Physical Server Memory divided by 2 or 1170 MB - whichever is greater. The Actual Maximum RAM Usage can be between 768 MB and three-fourth of the Physical Server Memory size.

Seems Install Wizard calculated 5GB for my deploy. Re-run of setup is needed.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petermason
Level 13

Jump to solution

Hi Lubomir,

What OS is your VM running? What specifications does it have?

How much memory did you allocate to the NSP in the install wizard?

You could re-run the install wizard and allocate more memory to the NSP process, but I do not know if you can reconfigure the memory allocation by editing the config files.

Memory requirements are documented in the Installation guide but are dependanat on number of connected sensors and volume of alerts generated.

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
lubomir_cerny
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi Peter.

It is Windows Server 2012R2 with currently 10GB of RAM. Old HW appliance was 8GB.

Number of sensors: 12
So this leads me to use default install values in install wizard as basic level is for 1-20 sensors I guess.

Memory requirements are documented and calculated but the installed system does not use available memory anyway.

I will try to re-run install wizard and validate values.

From install guide:
The Recommended Maximum RAM Usage is Physical Server Memory divided by 2 or 1170 MB - whichever is greater. The Actual Maximum RAM Usage can be between 768 MB and three-fourth of the Physical Server Memory size.

Seems Install Wizard calculated 5GB for my deploy. Re-run of setup is needed.

0 Kudos