cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration NSM 8.3 from physical to VM

Jump to solution

Hi folks.

I am trying to foind out some document about best practice to migrate running NSM 8.3 from physical appliance to new VM with fresh NSM 8.3 install.

Can you give some tips to NSM documentation/guide ?

thx.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
d_aloy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: Migration NSM 8.3 from physical to VM

Jump to solution

Hi Lubomir,

The threat explorer windows use the Solr database, not the Mysql database. You should still see the attacks in the Attack Log as these are pulled directly from the Mysql database.

To get data into the Threat/malware explorer windows, you will need to import data from the Mysql database into the Solr database. Here is the article:

McAfee Corporate KB - How to import data from MySQL into the Network Security Manager Solr database ...

Regards

David

View solution in original post

4 Replies
d_aloy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi Lubomir

I would just follow the installation guide to get the NSM application running on a virtual machine that matches or exceeds the recommended minimum specs: i.e. I would suggest 16 vCPU and 24 GB RAM, and 3 250GB virtual disks (c:\ for OS, d:\ for NSM\App and Solr, E:\ for Mysql db)

The Manager version you install on the VM must match the version you have on the NSM appliance.

Once the vm is installed with the correct NSM, just take a full db backup or config backup from the NSM appliance (depending on if you want or not to keep the alerts), and then restore the backup on your newly install NSM vm.

Regards

David

Jump to solution

Well, I tried this scenario, restored ALL-TABLES backup and I can log in via Radius integration, see all devices, but there are no attacks in Threat Explorer.

Hmm, I will give a try and review config.

d_aloy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi Lubomir,

The threat explorer windows use the Solr database, not the Mysql database. You should still see the attacks in the Attack Log as these are pulled directly from the Mysql database.

To get data into the Threat/malware explorer windows, you will need to import data from the Mysql database into the Solr database. Here is the article:

McAfee Corporate KB - How to import data from MySQL into the Network Security Manager Solr database ...

Regards

David

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Thx !

Have a nice day.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community