cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee NIPS failover configuration

Hello Team,

Could you please help me by resolving following queries regarding McAfee NIPS sensor active-active configuration ?

We have configured fail over pair of 2 identical sensors and set allow fail open= enable . Validated that both peer members of this pair are up and functioning.

• Both appliances should be configured in active-active mode despite one device is IPS-NS-7200 (configured as primary i.e. template device in failover pair)and another is IPS-NS-7200-FO (by Default) (configured as secondary i.e. peer device). So as per best practices, what should be port assignment of individual sensors i.e. what all ports should be fail-open or fail-closed or any other combination and requesting an explanation for the same.
  • if sensor 1 goes down then what would be the scenario ? how we can make sure that traffic which was passing through sensor 1 earlier will still be transmitted/shifted and monitored by sensor 2 maintaining seamless business(because sensor 2 would be functioning as configured in active state)
  • Currently G0/1 port of both appliances is functioning as HA port for synchronization. If G0/1 of either primary or secondary goes down, what would be the situation ? will both appliances still be operated as configured and expected? Requesting explanation for the same if yes/no.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Rajan Naik

1 Reply

Re: McAfee NIPS failover configuration

I don't think I could answer it better than does here ...

If you still have questions after reading through this post please don't hesitate to reply here or jump in on the conversation at the other thread.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community