cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Intrushield Users Guides

Where can I find the latest (and greatest) users/config guides for the McAfee Intrushield (sensor/Manager) products.

thanks..

5 Replies
ajacobs
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee Intrushield Users Guides

Your post was moved to the IntruShield area. Have you tried the product documentation area on the ServicePortal?

can you provide me the web link?

thx

ajacobs
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

At the top of this page, under Useful Links, you will see a link for Product Documentation. You have to choose your IntruShield product and version from the dropdowns.

Product Documentation: https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/productdocuments.aspx?strPage=2

thank you.

I do have another question.. What is the Response port best used for?

Response ports don't get a lot of use, but the main reason to use the response port is to interject a reset onto the network for a TCP flow.

If you are running the sensor ports in SPAN mode, you can use the response port to inject a TCP reset to the source of the attack.   You'd configure the individual alert to send the reset, and then the "configure ports" GUI to setup the response port.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community