cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see the amount of traffic that flows over a given time period through an IPS using the NSM?

Hello,

I am looking for a quantitative number on how much traffic has moved through a sensor over a given time period. I have setup the TCP/UDP traffic utilization, device throughput etc in the Real-time Threat Analyzer, but I am looking for numbers not percentages and not graphs. Is this possible?

4 Replies

Re: How can I see the amount of traffic that flows over a given time period through an IPS using the NSM?

The Utilization - Port Throughput should have the data you want.  It will be each individual port, but you can use that as a starting point to have an overview.

Re: How can I see the amount of traffic that flows over a given time period through an IPS using the NSM?

Hi gfergus1,

Tried to create a dashboard w/c monitors the port/s being used by the sensor but unfortunately, it doesnt show any data.

Are there any settings required before data could be shown?

Regards,

philiprey

jon286
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

philiprey, you may need to enable performance monitoring first.

You'll find it under: Device list>Performance Monitoring>Enable

Hi jon,

Thanks, that did it. Port monitoring on my side is disabled.

Do you happen to know how much resources it takes when enabled?

Regards,

philiprey

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community