cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How HTTPS scanning can be enabled on Intrushield(other than SSL Decryption option)?

How HTTPS scanning can be enabled on Intrushield(other than SSL Decryption option)?

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: How HTTPS scanning can be enabled on Intrushield(other than SSL Decryption option)?

What program  Network Security Platform or Hips? This so i can move the post to a better forum. I would assume NSP

Re: How HTTPS scanning can be enabled on Intrushield(other than SSL Decryption option)?

Yes, it's for NSP. I'm new here, please suggest relevant forum for NSP and ePO.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Moved to NSP forum good luck I am a consumer mod so know nothing about corporate side sorry.

Reliable Contributor d_aloy
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi Peacekeeper

There is no 'other way' of doing SSL decryption on NSP other than enabling the decryption settings on the sensor (requires a reboot) and load and push the certificates to the sensor to decrypt the HTTPS traffic.

Regards

David

Reliable Contributor mjesmer
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Sumitsinghpundir,

I am going to echo what David has already said. There is no other method with just the NSP to decrypt SSL flows. However, if you are behind a proxy...then the proxy can forward the unencrypted flows to sensor.

Regards,

Matthew

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.