cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help Needed for McAfee Network Threat Response

Hi there, I have recently obtained a A200 Network Threat Response and have met with some problems.

I am currently only using one single Sensor appliance without any other McAfee device etc. Control Center Appliance.

I have followed every single step properly needed to install the Single Sensor Appliance along with IDS sensor as my first set sensor for the device. I am currently monitoring a switched network consisting of 1 ESXi Server, enVision and a few PCs. However even after excecuting the /etc/init.d/amp_restart.sh, the Network Threat Response does not seem to be picking anything up on its dashboard! While running finish the /etc/init.d/amp_restart.sh, the sript sent me a mail which states an error of "DOS Header Magic not found"!

The switch network is working perfectly as I am able to ping all the device between each other. I am also able to ssh into the Network Threat Response linux based system. Can someone please give me a clue about how the device should be properly setup or operated?

Thanks.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community