cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document setting in NSM for CM

Jump to solution
I have a requirement to document all settings in NSM on each of my three instances for configuration management purposes. I know I can do this by taking hundreds of screen shots of each configuration screen but I wanted to ask if there is a simpler way. Are the configuration settings stored in configuration files that could be put into document control? Are they in the database where a query could be run to dump the configuration to a text file? What is everyone else doing to fully document the configuration of NSM?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fkazi04 McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Re: Document setting in NSM for CM

Jump to solution

Hi @Tom5451C 

You have an option to export policies from the NSM GUI which are in XML format. You might want to use those as references for documentation. 

Steps to export: Policy - Advanced - Policy Export - Select policy to be exported

I hope this answers your queries.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
YashT McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @Tom5451C ,

Below Documents will guide you with every details on NSM.

McAfee Network Security Platform 9.1.x Product Guide

Network Security Platform documentation reference guide
Technical Articles ID: KB76064

Network Security Platform 9.2 IPS Administration Guide - Rev J
Product Documentation ID:   PD27460

Network Security Platform 9.1 Manager Administration Guide REV K
Product Documentation ID: PD26774
Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
fkazi04 McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Tom5451C 

You have an option to export policies from the NSM GUI which are in XML format. You might want to use those as references for documentation. 

Steps to export: Policy - Advanced - Policy Export - Select policy to be exported

I hope this answers your queries.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

That helps. This will take care of the Policy tab. I am assuming that I can export the policies and then if I need to get the configuration back I can just import the saved XML files back in. 

nice.

fkazi04 McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Tom5451C 

That's correct. The exported XML file can be re-imported as per requirements.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community