cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Failure

Jump to solution

Hi All

Please please help me I am facing a strange issue that is related to deployment failure issue and even sensor health is good and sensor has latest signature and callbackdetector version but still alerts are raising by manager that there is deplolyment failure fault created.now callbackdetector issue resolved but realtime update error still there.also check attached file.now i have restarted my nsm server but issue still exist

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Deployment Failure

Jump to solution

Deployment failure issue was due to the switch port speed and duplex issue.Network switch port speed and was set to 100Mbps and half duplex due to which data transfer was much slow.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ibryan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have reviewed the screenshot which suggests there is an already running process on the sensor.

Please can you check the 'Running Tasks' to see if there is anything running.  If so, then this might stop other tasks being deployed.  If so, then this task might be stuck or running slow.  You could either wait for it to time out and fail or restart the NSM service.

Manager | Troubleshooting | Running Tasks

The issue could also be related to a running task on the sensor.  Please perform the command 'downloadstatus'.  When you run this command, then do you see an update saying importing or similar.  If so, then this task might be stuck on the sensor.  This would require a sensor reboot.

Any questions or problems, then please let me know.

Ian Bryan

Technical Support Engineer

Customer Success Group

McAfee

Corporate Support Contact Numbers: https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-gb/home/contact-us.html

Corporate Support Website (Service Portal): https://support.mcafee.com

How am I doing today? Share your feedback with my manager at **personal information omitted**

Mobile App – The McAfee Support Mobile App is available now, worldwide, for both Android and iOS. The App can be found on the Apple App store or Google Play Store by searching for “McAfee Enterprise Support.”

Jump to solution

Hi Ian

Thanks for your reply

there are two sensors in pair and three errors have been cleared but on primary sensor only deployment failure error is raised by manager and when I checked the manager running tasks then i found there were signature set deploy tasks were running but all those tasks have failed status against them now is there any other way we can resolve this issue without rebooting the sensor as there were callbackdetector deployment failure were occur but they cleared automaticall

Jump to solution

Ian kindly find output of command downloadstatus in attachment

Jump to solution

Hi Ian

Please note that I tried to restart the manger service and the error got cleared automatically but after 1 hour this error comes again on primary sensor only now this is the only single error that is comming on primary sensor otherwise everything is good now

Jump to solution

Deployment failure issue was due to the switch port speed and duplex issue.Network switch port speed and was set to 100Mbps and half duplex due to which data transfer was much slow.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community