cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Changes pending on Linux based NSM

Hi, We have a linux based NSM (ova image). If we deploy changes to sensors, then it looks like sensor gets the changes, but NSM keeps showing "deplyoing" status for ever. It's a fresh setup with enough resources. Sensor is physical NS series appliance. Regards, Tiit
5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Changes pending on Linux based NSM

Hi @User47037172 

Kindly let me know your manager version & the Sensor model/version where deployment is failing. In earlier releases of the Linux NSM we had encountered such issues but were fixed in the latest releases.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Highlighted

Linux based NSM version: 10.1.1 (latest).

Sensor type: NS-3200

Sensor version: 10.1.5.5 (latest)

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Hi @User47037172 

Kindly check:

1. Confirm with the output of the command downloadstatus whether the configuration is updated to the Sensor.

2. Under device - deploy pending changes tab; there are multiple options for deployment like Signature, Callback, SSL Keys, GAM etc. kindly confirm if none of radio buttons are checked. If they are, try to deploy them individually.

3. If there are no check boxes selected still the manager says deployment pending, kindly restart manager service.

If none of the above steps helps, please reach out to Support Team and they should be able to  assist you. You can send me the SR# number privately and I would be able to look into it.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Highlighted

Have ticket opened with support.

Sensor and NSM are working offline network. Can update them only manually importing updates.

Update deployment for signature sets, callback detectors is automatic.

We tested it and sensor actually receives new policy and updates, but NSM just keeps showing the yellow icon on top right. Rebooted NSM and icon was gone. Did policy change, deployed it successfully, but yellow icon will not gow away.

It looks like Linux version NSM bug. I'm not seeing it on NSM installed on Windows server.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Hi @User47037172 

Glad to know you are working  with the Support Team. You may continue to work with them and they should be able to assist you further. 

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community