Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sentaku
Level 7

CLI IPS M-1450 and M-2950

Jump to solution

Hello Dear Community,

I appeal to your experience and we hope you can help us....

In my work we have two IPS M-1450 and M-2950, when we want to connect to it via console port it just doesn't display nothing in putty... I use 38400 boud parity none, flow control none. data bits 8 and stop bits 1 like in the manual says.

If we restart the IPS we can see the booting process, but and then the CLI are stuck...

We need to know what IP is configured in the device... but simply we cant type any comand in the CLI because it doensn't respond...

MCAFEE.jpg

So what we are doing wrong?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mjesmer
Level 11

Re: CLI IPS M-1450 and M-2950

Jump to solution

Are you using a Serial to USB adapter? I have seen these fail horribly on M Series Sensors.
Also, from this pic it doesn't appear that the sensor has fully booted yet either. Does it ever reach login prompt?

9 Replies
petermason
Level 13

Jump to solution

Hi Sentaku,

Are these new sensors or are they already connected to a management server?

If they are existing sensors have you wiped them using the factory-defaults CLI command?

What cable are you using to connect to them? Is it the cable that shipped with the sensors?

Do you know what software version the sensors are running?

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
sentaku
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Peter,

1-. No, they aren't new sensor and just one of both is connected to management server but it can't reach it... the other one is only configured but no conected to the management server

2-. No

3.- The cable is DB9 to DB9 conected to an HL340... I suppose that is that was shipped whit the sensor... Is tagged with "IPS McAfee"

4-. No, I don't know what version are, I'm new here and via console I can't read any version info.

Cheers,

Sentaku!

0 Kudos
mjesmer
Level 11

Jump to solution

Are you using a Serial to USB adapter? I have seen these fail horribly on M Series Sensors.
Also, from this pic it doesn't appear that the sensor has fully booted yet either. Does it ever reach login prompt?

sentaku
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello, Yes, it is. Is an HL340 USB to RS232

Nop, It doesn't reach the login prompt

Cheers!

0 Kudos
petermason
Level 13

Jump to solution

Hi Sentaku,

Do you have a computer with a serial port that you can use instead of using the USB adapter?

Regards

Peter Mason

sentaku
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, I have one with serial port... I thought it yesterday, so i'll try today connecting it directly to the IPS and I hope it works

Cheers!

0 Kudos
mjesmer
Level 11

Jump to solution

Let us know what happens.

If it still doesn't reach login prompt, check the front of the sensor for any amber lights, it might be having other issues at boot up.

sentaku
Level 7

Jump to solution

It works!!!! Thank you very much, It were the USB adaptator, so now we can reach the promp and login.

Cheers!!!

mjesmer
Level 11

Jump to solution

Awesome, glad it was as easy as the adapter.