cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOT H worm activity detected

Hi All

I am seeing this alert on my network Kindly guide me what is BOT H worm and how I can protect my end users from this?

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: BOT H worm activity detected

Hi @User27622125 

Quarantine the system and then scan with good known AV solution. You can re-add to the network once the system has been cleaned.

On the NSM, if you believe the traffic is malicious, you may enable blocking for the matched signature.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Highlighted

Hi Sir,

How I will identify that traffic is malicious or not?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hi @User27622125 

I would suggest is to take packet capture on the host system when you Bot alerts triggered on the NSM. From the packet capture look for the connections established.

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community