As subject topic? Anyone has started to use NSP version 9.2? Is there any functionality bugs that you guys has experienced it at this moment? The reason I asking so is because I have discovered a bugs in latest NSP version 9.1, however, instead of solving it or recommended me to wait for upcoming 9.1 release (which has no tentative date), support asking me to upgrade to 9.2.
I don't felt like have much confidence on version 9.2 though...
I noticed that when we try to edit the attack policy under attack log > Other Actions --> Update Policy --> (Domain IPS), upon clicked "save" the web gui is just keep on loading and will not take effect (even after waited for 1 hour). Although the alternative to this solution is to go to Policy Tab > select IPS Policy > search for respective policy > edit and save it, but it is still better if we can directly edit it from attack log upon saw it.
It depends what you're looking for in your release.
It's my understanding that typically the X.2 releases are a bridge of features/fixes between the X.1 and X.3 releases. They are less stable but will likely include more features.
If you're concerned about stability and bugs I would stay on the 9.1 release and wait until 9.3 is released for an upgrade, unless you're really desperate for an immediate fix for this issue. If you want to stay on the bleeding edge of NSP technology, move to 9.2.
If you choose to stay on 9.1 you can request that support opens a bug report on this and have it included in the subsequent 9.1 release.
To build on the above point, as the 9.2 release is so new, there will inevitably be a fair share of bugs that come with it in the first few months before it reaches a more stable state.
Migrated last week from 22.214.171.124 to last 126.96.36.199. I have only 2 small issues:
I am currently deploying 9.2 in my NSP enviroment. I have noticed a sensor firmware bug in which after upgrading the sensor software, the GAM engine will not be started and therefore cant be updated either.
intruShell@XXXXX> show gam engine stats
Local GAM Engine Statistics:
Engine Status: Uninitialized
Last update Status: Successful
Last Update time: 7/5/2018 - 15:58:34 UTC
Last Successful Update time: 7/5/2018 - 15:58:34 UTC
Total number of Scan Threads: 0
Total Full update success count: 1
Total Full update failure count: 1
Total Incr update success count: 0
Total Incr update failure count: 0
Total NSM Full update success count: 0
Total NSM Full update failure count: 0
Total config issue update failure count: 0
(config issue - Trust/DNS/Proxy config issues)
I opened a support ticket and got this response:
Thank you for contacting McAfee technical support. This is "GAM update error" that you are receiving is due to a known issue in the 9.2 software. The fix for this is set to be released with the next maintenance update, but there is also a Hot-fix available now that will remedy this issue. If you could please send me the model numbers of the sensors you have, I will setup a FTP link with which you can download this update."