3 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Adding Hashes to the black list of the NSP 8.3

Hi Ahmed

The best option is to search on several malware databases for the hash, i.e. www.virustotal.com, www.malwr.com - or just Google he hah/filename, you may find some blogs with more information or other hashes you can then lookup.

I've looked up the first hash and it shows on VT (virustotal):

Antivirus scan for 9b162f43bcbfaef4e7e7bdffcf82b7512fac0fe81b7f2c172e1972e5fe4c9327 at2017-06-19 18:...

If you look at the file details tab, you will see the uncompressed size.

This should help you create the CSV file to import the hashes you want to blacklist.

If you don't find the hash online, then j would suggest searching for other details (file name, malware name, etc).

HTH.

Regards

David

Highlighted

Hi D_aloy,

thanks for your reply , and please I need help from you , refer to the above mentioned hashes , I need to create csv file  to import it , but unfortunately  I cannot import it , could you help me how to create it and have a lock on it if it correct or there is some thing missing ?

SA
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hi Ahmed,

Why can't you import the csv file? Are you getting any errors?

To create the csv, on an excel sheet, just add the following for each file you want to blacklist (1 item per column) and save as csv:

filename     size (in bytes)     HAshtype (MD5,SHA..)      Hash     DisplayName

safpro1.exe1787392MD5e00615236107a81b16c0a953ea222685Simda 2

Regards

David

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community