cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARP: ARP Spoofing Detected

Hi:

I´m seeing a lot of events from "ARP: ARP Spoofing Detected". About 15,000 per month.

I downloaded tha packet capture to see the traffic related to this attacks. I only seen a normal ARP Request/ARP in my network. 

I read in the forum "ARP Mac Address Flip Flop" that someone solve one similar issue using the command arp delet <ip address>, and I whant know, How can I refresh all my arp table ?or if I can delete all my table with one comand and if it not afected my device.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Tsri
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: ARP: ARP Spoofing Detected

Sensor remembers ARP and Reverse ARP (RARP) requests (for a specific time period), and matches an ARP reply with an ARP request message. Due to this ability, it can detect the following attacks:
  • ARP Spoofing Detected: If an ARP reply message is seen without a prior ARP request.
  • ARP Spoofing, Duplicate MAC: Detection of multiple ARP reply packets, with different sender MAC addresses for the same IP address that is being resolved.
  • MAC Address Cloned: Multiple and different replies to an RARP request; the exact opposite of 2.
The Sensor can also detect anomalous ARP reply packets, with a broadcast destination MAC address, and request or reply packets, with a broadcast sender addresses.

Refer KB55910 for more details

Want to Ask a Question?
Many members like to perform a search first in case other customers have already asked and answered a similar question. However, to ask a question, first select a forum then click on Post a Topic. You must sign in or log in with your existing credentials.

McAfee Service Portal customers please use your existing username and password to log into the community.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community