Did you mean: 
Highlighted
halton
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Subscription cancellation

Jump to solution

As I have recently got a new computer Windows 10. My daughter has decided to combine her computers and mine on a multiple licence so I do not need to renew my own personal licence. However I would like to keep my account open to possible ask questions. Can  this be done  and if so  How can this be done? How do I close the financial part of my account?

Thank you.

Jerry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Subscription cancellation

Jump to solution

​,

First of all you need to make certain you have your (Auto Renewal) settings disabled/off. Then after your current subscription expires. You will need to remove your ( Personal Subscription) under your Current account Username/Email address.

Then if you wish to be covered by your Daughter's License/Active Subscription. She would have to go to (Her) account and Download/Install the software on (your) computer. This is of course is my understanding. To confirm such, you of course can contact Customer Service to verify https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
5 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

​,

First of all you need to make certain you have your (Auto Renewal) settings disabled/off. Then after your current subscription expires. You will need to remove your ( Personal Subscription) under your Current account Username/Email address.

Then if you wish to be covered by your Daughter's License/Active Subscription. She would have to go to (Her) account and Download/Install the software on (your) computer. This is of course is my understanding. To confirm such, you of course can contact Customer Service to verify https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Moved from General Discussion to "My Account" Online > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

​,

Just a follow-up, have you resolved your Issue? Or do you require additional assistance?

Thank You,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
halton
Level 9
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

I am sorry for not getting back to you sooner. A lot has happened in my family. There has been illness in the family. I followed your advice and contacted the accounts department and they were fast in responding and the issue has been resolved.

Happy New year to you and ex_Brit and thank you for everything.

Jerry

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for the confirmation. Please know that I have you and your loved ones in my thoughts and prayers.

All the very Best,

Sincerely,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.