cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phishing scam - "Your Subscription has Expired"

Does anyone know how to stop this? I have run full scans in both McAfee and Malwarebytes, but it pops up every couple of days.

McAfee.jpg

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Hayton
Level 18

Re: Phishing scam - "Your Subscription has Expired"

I can't say if this a genuine McAfee pop-up or not, it could just be a copied image.

The giveaway is what you see in the status bar when you hover the mouse over the "OK* button.

Make a note of the URL that appears there and tell us what you see. Then we can decide what this is about.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Right click the Mcafee icon in task bar and tell us what the verify subscription tab says

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Successfully moved from Web and Email Protection to "My Account" Online

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Korgman
Level 10

Jeff,

I posted about the same thing recently and also worried that it might be a phish or malware. I now see there are three recent threads about the same thing so it's not just you.I've had this pc w/ mcafee for 4yrs and never happened before. Maybe related to the pop up issue posted in the general discussion forum.

LOL, I just just got the pop up while typing this!

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

can you tell us what the verify subscription says and also in Navigation / subscription how many days left

0 Kudos
Korgman
Level 10

PK,

Verify subscription says verified,  Subscription says expires on 7/18/2017, 119 days left.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Ok best to contact support. They best with account issues

0 Kudos

For me the clincher is "Time is running out on your special offer. . . ." My question is why do I get the phish and how can I stop it or remove the malicious software that causes it?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

While I agree that receiving such is annoying, I would not go as far as calling it *Malicious*. For one has to agree that you are protected.

I might add also, having your personal email address open to the public is can cause *Privacy* issues.

All the best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos