cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hope that McAfee could support more payment channels

For the Chinese consumers who have no international credit card, the only way to pay for a license of McAfee is to use the payment service of Alipay.

If anybody want to use Alipay, he/she should first intall the software designed by Alibaba. I dislike their software since it will continuously try to access the memory of all the running processes and use some malware-like techniques to prevent you from terminating it.

Therefore, I would appreciate it if McAfee could consider more payment channels.

For example, the local agent of Kaspersky (a Russian anti-virus software) allows us to pay by E-Bank. It is very convenient for us. So does the local agent of Avira (a Germany anti-virus software).

At least, I think paypal may be a better choice than Alipay. But McAfee doesn't support paypal.

I have contacted with the consumer service in China for this, but they only suggest me to use Alipay.

I have also contact with the consumer service in the US, but they suggest me to call 1-866-622-3911, which would be an international call for me.

14 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 15

Re: Hope that McAfee could support more payment channels

Good point and I moved this to "My Account Online" as a more appropriate spot for it.

There isn't much we can do in the forums for you I'm afraid.

You can reach 800 (866) numbers in another country if you install a VOIP client in your computer.

You could do it the old fashioned way and write to Head Office:

McAfee Corporate Headquarters

2821 Mission College Blvd.

Santa Clara, CA 95054

USA

Or add it as a Product Idea here: 

Thank you for your information.

Ok we know there is an issue with no paypal available in this situation

Basically, the additional purchase options don't show up when you are outside of the region of your original purchase. 

This constraint exists in the system due to certain legal and contractual considerations. Typically, a user is restricted to only Card options (MC/Visa) when she is an existing consumer trying to make a purchase in a currency/site different from their country of first McAfee purchase as per the billing info on file.

The non-card payment options that we provide on different sites have some currency specific limitations built-in such that we don't expose them to users who have an address on record which is different than the site/country being visited.

You only have the other option Alipay nothing else?

No. As mentioned at the beginning of the original post, "For the Chinese consumers who have no international credit card......"

In fact, McAfee provides two different kinds of payment channels:

1. International credit card, like visa card, mastercard, etc. Difficult to apply here. Need a long time of review.

2. Alipay.

Sorry I am not familiar with what you have available. I have passed this onto a couple of contacts I have and hopefully something can be done.

Ok emails sent

Thank you very much for your help.

Got fingers crossed for you I tried two different paths with this so maybe 1 will produce something

Really appreciate it!

I would like to add my voice here.

For some inexplicable reason we only have the choice of credit/debit card in the UK.  I prefer to use my PayPal account but McAfee don't allow us to use it here, really is a crazy situation, we do have PayPal in UK/Europe