Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mikayuki
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

hi everyone, i need your help !

Hi. I have McAfee All access and wanted to protect my windows tablet. The bad things are:

• The device goes under mobile device section and it's a tablet. But mobile security does not support windows OS.
  • The device has only 1 GB RAM which is not sufficient for the full All Access installation - it asks for at least 2 GB.

The question is:

When will All Access support windows phones and tablets.

Thanks.

1 Reply

Re: hi everyone, i need your help !

@mikayuki

Hello

Windows tablet and mobile phones are developed with a technology called sandboxing which literally protect these device from vulnerabilities and it doesn’t require a third party antivirus program like McAfee.

What is Sandbox and why do we use sandbox?

A sandbox is a security mechanism for separating running programs, usually in an effort to mitigate system failures or software vulnerabilities from spreading. It is often used to execute untested or untrusted programs or code, possibly from unverified or untrusted third parties, suppliers, users or websites, without risking harm to the host machine or operating system. A sandbox typically provides a tightly controlled set of resources for guest programs to run in, such as scratch space on disk and memory. Network access, the ability to inspect the host system or read from input devices are usually disallowed or heavily restricted.

Your windows mobile devices are already protected through sandboxing technology. This is also the reason why McAfee would not run efficiently or scan your system files in your windows mobile devices.

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?