cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New threat detected: RilConfigService.apk | Non-removeable file - Artemis!sde07f8210bcd

Same here uninstalling mcafee does not solve the problem. The threat needs to be ignored to run another scan. I am not sure if we are supposed to ignore the threat 

Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 31

Re: New threat detected: RilConfigService.apk | Non-removeable file - Artemis!sde07f8210bcd

This needs to be elevated to URGENT .. I am 90% sure this is a false positive that has to do with Googles code as the alert says file form 2008.

If we could get further assistance on this matter that would be appreciated.

Or if you can direct me to someone that can solve this issue?

Please respond.

This is what i did i removed McAfee completely. Then reinstalled, updated virus definitions, re scanned. The threat is not there. 

( Uninstalling it removed that threat message to fix ) 

I reimaged my phone.  Threat or false positive is gone, even after reinstalling everything.  Peace of mind after a full restore.

Level 8
Message 26 of 31

yes .. I didn't do a thing .. but about 2 hours ago McAfee went green and no threat .. so I'm assuming the definitions were updated.! yay Mcafee, now don't let it happen again...lol

Hi, I'm received this on my Google pixel 4 just this morning. So I believe it's affecting all pixels. Like you've all said, I believe it to be false as it says the file was created in Jan 2009. How would I be able to fix this? Just uninstall and reinstall McAfee?

Many thanks 

As mentioned above, you need to uninstall the app and then reinstall. That seems to be the only way to get rid of the threat

Got this on my Pixel 4 last night.  Just tried uninstall and reinstall of McAfee, and the threat is still there.  Checking for new definition file says that I have the latest.  My file created date for the bad file is 31 Dec 2008.  Just searched for the filename -- no luck.  Searched pieces of the file pathname -- none of them came up.  Is it possible the file really isn't there?

Also just noticed that the threat name is slightly different: Artemis!sd47fd2e59df5

Level 8
Message 30 of 31

yeah .. it's a false positive .. it should go green and disappear in a few days .. took mine 4 days

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community