cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to unblock a Phone

Jump to solution

My mother ask me to have her phone fixed as "the screen is broken", she said.

Actually, the phone (Samsung  J7) seems to work just fine except for the fact that McAfee Internet Security has it blocked. The device starts and resets itself without any problems. Once it asks for the pin and I introduce it correctly it takes me to a totally black screen that reads McAfee Internet Security next to the logo.

Yet, if i try to open the top bar by scrolling down it does open showing both all the settings and the notifications. However, no matter what I choose, from general settings themselves to any of the notifications, it always takes me back to the blocked black McAfee's screen.

I have no idea what she did to get it blocked that way but after unsuccesfully trying everything I could think of here I am asking for your help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to unblock a Phone

Jump to solution

Might be better to call support and ask for mobile support and ask them.

Mcafee Support

Jump to solution

Hi @kikogol 

McAfee Mobile security locks your device with a prompt that the device is locked by McAfee and request you to enter a 6 digit PIN number. However in this case, I understand that you don’t have option to enter the PIN number I request you to contact our technical McAfee Technical Support team to help you fixing the issue

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Might be better to call support and ask for mobile support and ask them.

Mcafee Support

Jump to solution

Hi @kikogol 

McAfee Mobile security locks your device with a prompt that the device is locked by McAfee and request you to enter a 6 digit PIN number. However in this case, I understand that you don’t have option to enter the PIN number I request you to contact our technical McAfee Technical Support team to help you fixing the issue

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

yes, thank you. Finally I was able to fix the problem contacting technical support.

I first tried on the phone but they couldn't help me directly. I was redirected to the online chat where the problem was solved.

I had to have access to my email while on the chat with the technician. I also needed to have the blocked phone with the sim card installed.

Thanks to both of you for your answers

Jump to solution

I heard about this problem on Samsung mobile phones. The best way is to ask support.

But if you want to fix it by yourself, you can try to restart the phone in service mode (google how to do it on your model). But it may ask you to reset the phone on factory settings and delete all personal files.

Best Regards,

Michae Digger
Detect History

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community