cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable "hackable" notifications?

In the past few days I have started to get notifications from McAfee about stories from "Hackable". How do I disable / opt out of these notifications?

8 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: How do I disable "hackable" notifications?

Try what a mod posted a while back

"

While looking it seems like permission issue, please follow the below steps to enable McAfee in your device. 

Settings> Accessibility> McAfee> Enable

Settings> Security> Device administrator

if those two already enabled, please check whether Wifi security, web protection is enabled if not please enable. 

Open McAfee mobile security> hamburger (at top right corner)>safe web & wifi> enable both"

Peacekeeper, this is different from what that mod posted about. Note all relevant permissions are enabled and I am not getting notifications to enable something. I am getting "fluff" messages; the last one being something about listening to Hackable podcasts while commuting. These notifications / news stories come from McAfee, and I want to opt out of them.

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I get them as well. Never looked onto how to stop though should be a way. See if a mod passes by and helps.

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

@sivasubramanian 

Any thoughts on how to stop these popups on android phones

Highlighted

@Peacekeeper 

@Trevor_Budd 

Its just a newsletter which explains about the hackable threat and how to be aware of it. Please update the McAfee from play store to stop the alerts/popups. If issue persists, remove McAfee, restart the phone and reinstall McAfee. 

Regards
Siva

@sivasubramanian

"[J]ust a newsletter" is a euphamism for spam. Something we haven't asked for. Something we don't want, something we want to stop.

Your instructions regarding removing and reinstalling McAfee don't work. I just had another of these pop up.

I'm in the UK, so this falls under EU GDPR regulations: it's McAfee's duty to provide a means to stop this spam.

@sivasubramanian, your method does not work. Further, this should not be something we uninstall and reinstall. There should be an option to opt in / out to this news letter.

I fully agree. We should not be getting pop ups we cannot control, from an antivirus program we are paying for. I live in New Zealand so it must be world wide. It is Spam !

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community