Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lancer
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Annoying Notifications Mobile Security Android

Jump to solution

The app shows that it has a notification .

I have looked in the main menu, and there is no mention or clue as to what the notification is about.

How do I find out what it is for??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Annoying Notifications Mobile Security Android

Jump to solution

Hello @Lancer 

I would like to tell you that this is not an issue or a bug, it's as per design from McAfee security. hope the below information would be helpful for you. 

In the recent update from Google(Android) if any app that runs for 24/7 that should be intimated to the user of the device. There are some apps which may run in the background but may get terminated at any time based on the usage of RAM but where McAfee will not get quit. 

Stll there is a option to disable McAfee by following the below steps, but which may leads your mobile phone to put in risk, where you have to do manual scan to check the status of your device protection. 

Long press the notification bar>Turn on toggle switch(All categories)> Done

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies

Jump to solution

@Lancer

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for sharing this. Android 8.0 now shows a notification for any application running in the background.  McAfee must run in the background to protect your privacy and device in real-time. We recommend leaving this notification active in device settings.  For more details, you can always contact us at McAfee Support. We appreciate your understanding 

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Lancer
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi Muthu

Thank you for your reply.

Sadly your solution is of no help whatsoever. I still have the problem. I have uninstalled / reinstalled too many times to count! It is hopeless!

It would seem that the programme has too many contradictions which are all conflicting with each other depending on how I have gone into the programme, ie either via through android settings or Mcafee settings.

What a complete and utter mess this programme is.

Contacting Mcafee? Not in the real world.

Ask yourself, why would I upgrade when even the lowest level does not work?

Perhaps you could contact me via my own email. I only found this reply when I searched on Google for an answer to this problem. What did I find? Someone with the same problem, oh thats me!

Thank yoy

Jump to solution

Hello @Lancer 

I would like to tell you that this is not an issue or a bug, it's as per design from McAfee security. hope the below information would be helpful for you. 

In the recent update from Google(Android) if any app that runs for 24/7 that should be intimated to the user of the device. There are some apps which may run in the background but may get terminated at any time based on the usage of RAM but where McAfee will not get quit. 

Stll there is a option to disable McAfee by following the below steps, but which may leads your mobile phone to put in risk, where you have to do manual scan to check the status of your device protection. 

Long press the notification bar>Turn on toggle switch(All categories)> Done

Jump to solution
Can I set the alert to only go off if there's a threat? I get a buzz telling me there's no threat on an app. Thanks, but no need to bother me for that.

Thanks.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community