cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 2 threats/virus infections that cannot be removed Artemis!sd32432445cb6 JavaTcmdHelper

Jump to solution
Hi, have also contacted via live chat, and been promised a call tonight, will posr result later.
John46
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 26

Re: 2 threats/virus infections that cannot be removed Artemis!sd32432445cb6 JavaTcmdHelper

Jump to solution

Just had a call back based on my report to them yesterday.  They ran a deep scan, noted the results and said it was being investigated.  Only appears to be Moto phones since to Android update and could maybe require a Java update but that cant yet be confirmed.

I asked if it was likely to be a false positive, but they didnt want to confirm until it was investigated fully.  They said it would now be a few days and they would email me with the results. 

I will post here again when I hear back.

Jump to solution

I had my call from McAfee today, seems I was using the free version instead of my subscription, which doesn't get the update as fast.

Back on subscription now and warning has gone (for now at least) 

Will be getting a call again tomorrow as a follow up.

In all fairness McAfee did call when they said, and the guy was really helpful.

Jump to solution

No call to me , but I'm glad to hear they're investigating for you.  I'll chase them on a contact tomorrow. 

Keith1100

Jump to solution

I've spoken to Mcaffee , same result as yourself .  So hopefully we'll hear back to confirm soon.  They thought okay but didn't want to comit until they were sure.

Keith1100

Jump to solution

I've not heard back from Mcaffee so far , considering that Motorola were aware of the issue and said it happens every so often ,I'm surprised Mcaffee is taking so long with what should be a known fault..    

Keith1100
John46
Level 9
Message 17 of 26

Jump to solution

No, I haven't heard back either.

There was a motorola system update I hoped was the fix arriving ....... but nope, afraid not, still the same warning from McAfee every morning.

I guess we just have to wait a bit longer and see what the results are.

John46
Level 9
Message 18 of 26

Jump to solution

Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything yet? 

I haven't heard myself, and it has been a couple of weeks now.  They did say it would take several days and I havent seen any bad effects to my phone so far, but I will chase again on Monday if we don't hear.

Jump to solution

Since I changed from free app to my subscription, the definitions updated and it went away, dunno if there's been an update for the free app yet, but it should all be rolled out together. 

Looks very much like it is mcafee not liking Motorola files. 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Evening John, I have heard nothing more.

I have trusted their assurances that the warnings pose no threat and I have not suffered any apparent consequences of continuing to use my phone.  I have however taken the precaution of avoiding financial transactions etc via my phone just in case.

K regards

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community