Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

Ransomware Recover cannot connect to server

I recently downloaded and installed the free tool called Ransomware Recover. I ran the first step command, which is mfedecrypt -list, and I get the following error: "Failed to get latest package list from server. Please check your network connection and try again." Is there anyone who can help me try to figure out why this error is popping up?

I tried disabling firewalls and other protections, but it made no difference. I believe this issue exists on the server side. I tried to call technical support, but this is an enterprise product, so they would not give me technical support without a grant number. On the product page, it clearly states "We intend for this framework to be freely available to all." Which is great, except they have made it so you can't get technical support unless you're already a business level subscriber.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community