Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebbie
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Custom package ePO fails

Hi there

I've been crafting a little tool in python and have been trying to include this into an ePO package.

All goes well untill i try to deploy the package. 

The tool runs on the target computer sucesfully, but somehow everytime ePO says deployment status: Failed.

I've tried multiple ways of returning an exit status from the program, used sys.exit(0), os_exit(0), exit(0), quit(0), raising a systemExit manually. All to no avail.

Now i'm trying to run the tool using a batch file. it tells me %ERRORLEVEL% is 0 when it finishes, and i exit using exit /b %ERRORLEVEL%

What could be causing this deployment to fail all the time? I thought it was the exitcode generated that might not be returning to the ePO server, but the batch file seems to recognise it so it should be alright.

I used Python 2.7 for the tool and compiled an exe using py2exe.
The ePO server is a 5.1 ePO server, the agent used is 4.8.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this deployment succeed? The tool runs, it's just ugly to have a "failed"  status in the console if its not necessary.

Thanks alot in advance for your time and replies! It would be awsome if I could get this thing running cleanly

1 Reply
stefal
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Custom package ePO fails

Can you please print and verify the errorlevel returned by the app that calls the batch file? We have very similar issue, a batch file called from java returns 1 under certain circumstances despite exit /b 0 is called as the last command. As a workaround try "exit 0" instead of "exit /b 0" to see if you have the same issue. And most important, is it the same when mcafee service is stopped?

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.