cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Gamer Security said my Subscription expired when it actually never did....THEN MORE PROBLEMS

I really don't know what happen but it has been insane night.

So.. i noticed when i opened up my McAfee Gamer Security it said my subscription was cancelled. I said it can not be because i bought a years worth. I logged on to McAfee and indeed it was not expired. i have until 1/21/21. So I thought to myself, i will delete the software, re download it through the website and use the serial number it gives me with the download. Great... After trying to uninstall McAfee and download it again it said i had McAfee installed already. I already know about the McAfee product removal tool and the first problems i was having was it was not removing a certain product.. i think it said "Removing product MPF" It was stuck on there. So i called McAfee and they remote into my computer and did there thing and it eventually did say uninstall successful, but then when he tried to download it again it said it couldn't because McAfee was already installed and to use a removal tool. Now he had this issue escalated and then a couple hours later two people remote into my computer and spent 2 hours trying to delete files, go into safe mode, do all sorts of loops and valleys, and they STILL COULDN'T get it to download on my computer. this all started because it said my sub expired when indeed it did not. SO now i have an appointment with someone higher higher up for Monday at 1:00 am pacific time ( ugh) .. What do i do? this is insane!!

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: McAfee Gamer Security said my Subscription expired when it actually never did....THEN MORE PROBL

Interestingly the initial issue was supposed to be fixed See

Gamer anti virus expired 

Good luck Monday let us know what happens

Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Re: McAfee Gamer Security said my Subscription expired when it actually never did....THEN MORE PROBL

Hi @freddybones 

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Due to Nature of this issue, I'll help you resolve it privately. I have sent you a private message. Please check and respond.

Regards,

Krithika S

Highlighted

I did reply to the private message and i did not hear anything back yet..

Also its worth noting i tried to get someone to help me, and the person tried for like 30 minutes and just ended the session without even saying goodbye or that he couldnt do it. Which i thought was not professional to do..

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community