Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Game Not Boosted

I'm playing Dead By Daylight and when I minimize out of my game and go into the gamer security menu it shows the game, but underneath in red letters it says "not boosted."  When I add it manually it says the same.  Am I doing something wrong?

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Game Not Boosted

Please follow the article to enable Auto game boost on McAfee Gamer Security

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Auto game boost is enabled.  It works with most of my other games except for Dead by Daylight, the game that I mentioned earlier.  

I also have noticed another peculiar bug only when launching games from Steam.  It will detect that a game has been launched, and it will boost that game, but it is detecting the wrong game.  For example, if I launch Stardew valley from steam, it will detect it as No Man's Sky.  But sometimes when I launch No Man's Sky it will detect it as Stardew valley, or it will detect it as Dead by Daylight and boost it even though the game that I've launched is actually Stardew Valley.  But the actual Dead by Daylight game never gets boosted.

Games on other clients like the Epic Games Store are detected correctly, and so are games from Microsoft's game store.

Level 7
Message 4 of 5

You can see in the screenshot below, No Man's Sky is running from the Steam client, but McAfee is showing Stardew Valley as the game that is running.  I'm wondering if McAfee not detecting the correct game as running when launching from steam is the reason that Dead by Daylight is not being correctly boosted.

wrong game.JPG

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 5

Hello @akmon 

We are sorry that McAfee Gamer Security is not boosting the game that you are currently playing. We have sent you a private message. Please check and reply back to that message.

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community