Did you mean: 
unatintr
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Bug: Online features are blocked in "Subnautica"

Context

Subnautica is mostly an offline game, but the game has the following:

• An in-game User Feedback form which lets the player send feedback with screenshots while staying in the game.
  • An in-game Mailing List Subscription form which lets the player send feedback with screenshots while staying in the game.
  • Some kind of light asynchronous multiplayer system which lets players send messages/objects to other players.

Problem:

Observed behaviour:

Whenever I try to use either of the aformentionned forms, the game tells me the servers did not reply (and reset the forms). The transmission only works when I make a second attempt at sending a form... Obviously, something's wrong here. I can confirm that this bug doesn't happen if I disable the auto-boosting for the game, but such "workaround" defeats the purpose of MGS.

Expected behaviour:

When using the auto-boost feature (which is pretty much the main selling point for MGS) with Subnautica (and any game, really), MGS opens all network communication channels (ports, sessions, protocols, I don't know, really) necessary for the game, as this is expected for RAM, CPU and GPU allocation.

Comment on UX

Considering MGS is made for gamers and games, I really think it's MGS's work to adapt itself to games, and not the other way around.

By the way... I chatted with Tech Support about that and they basically said it was a feature.

3 Replies

Re: Bug: Online features are blocked in "Subnautica"

Most of the issues with McAfee will get rectified by just reinstalling the program. Give it a try until someone here come up with a solution.

unatintr
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the input, @Help_Everyone. I'll need to investigate, but I think it somehow got fixed yesterday because the bug did not happen. 🤷‍:male_sign: Is it because MGS learned something, or because someone somewhere fixed it?🤷‍:male_sign:😅 (Maybe game devs fixed something too since I sent them a message about it.) I'll retry later today to see whether I get the same result.

unatintr
Level 8
Message 4 of 4

Nope... It isn't fixed... There's an in-game newsfeed which is stuck on "Loading". 😥

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community