Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberz
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

vcdrom is full - can't install a patch

Jump to solution

Wed Apr 15 20:20:24 2015: Install of 8.3.2P06 failed.  Failed to build backup for uninstallable package 8.3.2P06.  Unable to build backup file /vcdrom/packages/8.3.2P06_dir/pkg_bkupUnbenannt.jpg

I can delete something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhilM
Level 14
Message 2 of 3

Re: vcdrom is full - can't install a patch

Jump to solution

It sounds like your system has had a number of versions installed to it over time.

Any older versions and patches which the current version is no longer dependent on can be removed. This also includes legacy AV engine updates (if the system was configured to download updates for these components automatically).

If you look at the /vcdrom directory from the command line you will be able to see individual directories for each downloaded patch/update.

You should then be able to use the "cf package remove" command to remove the older downloads. It has been a while since I've done this myself, but I believe if you try to remove a package that is still relevant the system won't allow you to do so.

Hope that helps.

-Phil.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PhilM
Level 14
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

It sounds like your system has had a number of versions installed to it over time.

Any older versions and patches which the current version is no longer dependent on can be removed. This also includes legacy AV engine updates (if the system was configured to download updates for these components automatically).

If you look at the /vcdrom directory from the command line you will be able to see individual directories for each downloaded patch/update.

You should then be able to use the "cf package remove" command to remove the older downloads. It has been a while since I've done this myself, but I believe if you try to remove a package that is still relevant the system won't allow you to do so.

Hope that helps.

-Phil.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
cyberz
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi Phil,

thank you. " cf package remove package=XXX" was the helpful command. 🙂

Greetings

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community