cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

information about BTU of s4016

I require to know how to know the BTU of a MFE s4016 because I requested in a data center

thank you!

6 Replies
mtuma
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: information about BTU of s4016

Hello,

The S4016 heat dissapation is 1023 BTU/hr.

-Matt

thanks!!! and where a can find this information in the formal way that because a need that for a client?

thanks again!

mtuma
Level 13
Message 4 of 7

Hello,

Sorry, we don't have the heat dissipation in a public document, but I have just recieved confirmation from PM on that number I provided.

This is the public information that we do have:

http://www.mcafee.com/us/products/firewall-enterprise.aspx#vt=vtab-SystemSpecifications

Hope this helps,

Matt

skipi
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

Hallo Matt,

I also need to provide to my DC more information than you have available public. Can you please provide me with at least some of them?

devices: MFE Firewall Ent S3008, MFE Firewall Ent ControlCenter C1015 Appl, MFE Net Sec M-3050, MFE Net Sec M-2950

information required by DC: max. consumption , average consumption , max BTU/hr, average BTU/hr, weigh [kg]

thank you in advance

Jan

Most of this info (except the BTUs) is on our website - for example http://www.mcafee.com/us/products/network-security-platform.aspx#vt=vtab-Resources

1 watt = 3.4121 btu's so it's easy to work out from the power supply metrics - remember though, if you have a redundant PSU, you don't need to include it in the calculation (2x400W PSU = 1x400w PSU worth of heat, the - load is spread between them, but 400W is enough to run the entire unit).

Actual load depends on how hard you are running the device of course, but I would suggest these devices tend to run at 100% - there's not much "power saving technology" in network appliances.

skipi
Level 7
Message 7 of 7

Ok, thank you...

Jan