Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Transferring Admin Console Firewall entries

Is there a way of transferring the list of Firewall entries from one Admin Console installation to another?

As a reseller support engineer, I have access to approximately 60 Firewall Enterprise appliances. I am about to transfer to a new PC/Laptop and will need to re-install the Admin Console, but rather than sit here re-entering all 60-odd entries by hand, I wondered if these entries were still stored in a file.

Back int he days of Sidewinder 5 and 6 (G2) there was a cobra.ini file that contained these entried. So when I migrated to a new machine I simply installed the GUI, copied the cobra.ini file to the correct location and everything was sorted.

I can't seem to find a cobra.ini in the \Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Firewall Enterprise directory structure and wondered if it had been replaced with a different file, or indeed if I'm faced with the prospect of re-creating these entries in the new installation from scratch.

-Phil.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 2 of 3

Re: Transferring Admin Console Firewall entries

take a look at %APPDATA%\McAfee\McAfee Firewall Enterprise v8\ac\Lib\cobra.ini

Highlighted
Level 14
Message 3 of 3

Re: Transferring Admin Console Firewall entries

Many thanks for the suggestion.

I've found my %APPDATA%\McAfee folder, but the only sub-folder present is "Common Framework" (I have the McAfee Agent installed on my machine).

I'm not sure why my original attempt didn't appear to yield much, but I have just searched my C: drive for instances of cobra.ini and have actually appear to have found its location. For a moment I wondered why it came back with two results and then I remembered I have both the v7 & v8 Admin Conole applications installed.

Anyway, in case it is of use to any other's. The location of my cobra.ini file is:-

\users\<my_username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\McAfee Firewall Enterprise v8\ac\Lib

-Phil.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community